We are a registered charity working across Lancashire (including Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool) for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans and Queer or Questioning (LGBTQ+) people.
Our Mission is to support LGBTQ+ people in Lancashire to be happier, healthier and better connected.
Our Vision is that all LGBTQ+ people in Lancashire can be safe and feel a sense of pride and belonging.
We are inclusive (of all LGBTQ+ people, their families, carers and allies)
We support (LGBTQ+ people, their families, carers and allies to be their authentic selves)
We engage (with organisations to promote and support LGBTQ+ equality and inclusion)
We educate and inform (to promote LGBTQ+ equality and inclusion)
Our work includes the following activities:
- Providing an Information and support service
- Delivering social and support opportunities for LGBTQ+ people
- Supporting professionals in organisations to reduce the barriers that LGBTQ+ people experience when accessing services
- Influencing decision making to ensure that LGBTQ+ people are included in strategies and planning of services
- Delivering key research projects that underpin the need for policy change
- Raising awareness of the needs of LGBTQ+ people by delivering training
- A partnership with Leeds & York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Service