We are a registered charity working across Lancashire (including Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool) for Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) people. Our aim is to support LGBT people in Lancashire to be happier, healthier and well connected.
To ensure Lancashire is a place where, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, all are able to be safe, fully participate in all aspects of community life, feel a sense of pride and belonging and know that their contribution is celebrated, shared and inspiring to others.
“Fairness, equality and access for all. Celebration of our identities without question.”
Our overall objectives are:
1. Supporting LGBT people:
2. Building Partnerships and Creating Allies and Champions
3. Improving the Quality of Support Delivered to LGBT People:
Our work includes the following activities:
- Providing a Support and Information service
- Delivering social and support opportunities for LGBT people
- Supporting professionals in organisations to reduce the barriers that LGBT people experience when accessing services
- Influencing decision making to ensure that LGBT people are included in strategies and planning of services
- Delivering key research projects that underpin the need for policy change
- Raising awareness of the needs of LGBT people by delivering training
- Hosting a satellite clinic for Leeds Gender Identity Service